Your letter of application should address the following items in a maximum total of four
- What are your long-term career goals?
- Describe your current position, responsibilities and achievements over the last two years.
- Briefly describe your background and experience and how it has prepared you to assume your desired position.
- Describe your management style.
- What is your educational philosophy?
- Why are you a good candidate for this program, and what would you like to gain from it?
- What special knowledge or perspectives would you bring to this WELA group?
This information should be submitted by downloading and using the Academy Applicant's Letter.
Please treat this application, especially the responses to
management style and educational philosophy, as you would an application for a college
position. In addition to being reviewed by a panel of presidents, trustees and state
board members, if you are accepted to the Academy your responses to these questions
will be critiqued by professionals as part of your development process.